Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
HHS AP US History
HHS AP US History
Pages and Files
The World's Fair Assignment
Do the Wave
How to make new pages
Hi all. There's been a lot of questions about how to do the wikispace hoedown, so here's the rundown of what's up from your friendly neighborhood geek.
How to read this message:
1. detailed directions
BRIEF, SIMPLE SYNOPSIS OF WHAT TO DO
there's an overview at the bottom.
1. First you have to be in the HHSAPUSH wiki. Just sign on and click the HHSAPUSH thing on the navbar (the gray thing on the left. It's there now, too) as always. The homepage with (presumably) Mr. James and Ms. Voelker in anime will appear.
GO TO HHSAPUSH.
2. Now that you're in HHSAPUSH, you need to create a new page for whatever the hell it is you need a page for. To do this, look at the top-left corner of the NavBar. There, you will se "create a new page." Click on that.
CREATE A NEW PAGE
3. Now a window will appear that lets you NAME the page. REMEMBER THIS NAME!!!!!! !!! ! !!!!!!! Just make it really obviously related to whatever the page is about. (duh.) Tell it the name, and click CREATE.
NAME THE PAGE
4. The page doesn't exist yet. The editor and the name of the page will pop up. Give it some text or some base material (ex. "Hello World") and save it. You can always come back to it later.
PUT SOMETHING THERE AND SAVE
5. The page should be up with the name at the top left, and whatever you put on it right there in the middle. Now that the page exists, you have to create a way to get to it. First you need to know where you want to put the link. For instance, if you want to be able to get to your page from the Home Page, that's where you should put the link. Go to the desired page now.**
PICK A PLACE TO PUT A LINK AND GO THERE
6. On the page where you want a link, open the editor (click the EDIT THIS PAGE button just above the page). Enter text on the page where you want to put the link. (ex. I want a link saying "Hello World" in the first line of the page, so i type "Hello World" in the first line.) Highlight the text you just typed and click on the CREATE LINK button on the toolbar (the box with all the buttons. If you don't know which button is the right one, just mouse over it for a second and it'll tell you what it it is.)
[EDIT] TYPE YOUR LINK TEXT, HIGHLIGHT, CLICK 'MAKE LINK'
7. The link creation wizard should appear. All you need to be concerned about are the first and third text boxes. In the first one ("Link Text") is the text you already typed. If this is wrong or you want to change it, just change it here in the box.
CHECK LINK TEXT
8. The third box (Page Name) tells the computer where to go when someone clicks on the link text. These two things are completely separate. The link text can be Red Hot & Blue but if the page name is Chick Fil A, the link will go to Chick Fil A. Anyway, enter the name of your page into the PAGE NAME box. Wait a second, and a green check mark should appear, and the text will turn green. That means the computer knows what your'e talking about and you're ready to be finished making the link. If the text stays red, then the name is wrong or the page doesn't exist. The text has to be green or the link won't work.
ENTER PAGE NAME (WHERE LINK GOES.)
9. Click ok and the link will appear as blue or purple underlined text in the editor. It's a good idea not to mess with the default (normal) font settings for the link. Click save, and your'e done! All you have to do is click the link and your page is there!
FINISH [OK] AND SAVE.
That was a lot of reading, so here's an overview.
1. Make the page
2. Save something to the page
3. Go to where the link to your page should be
4. Edit the page and create the link
5. The LINK TEXT is what the user sees
6. The PAGE NAME is where the link goes when clicked.
Sorry it was so long.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"